OSPF multi-level hierarch: side question

Jeffrey Haas elezar at pfrc.org
Tue Jun 8 14:34:48 UTC 1999

On Fri, May 28, 1999 at 01:24:09PM +0400, Alex P. Rudnev wrote:
> Another problem - how do you flood small updates. For example, if we here
> allocate dial-up addresses from the central cache, amd I inject this host
> addresses into the network.

Although our network is not yet large enough to run into scaling issues,
this is exactly our problem.   Our OSPF is relatively stable except for
two things, both on our dialup pools:
o Host level routes appearing from wandering static-ips
o Wandering networks from dial-on-demand networks.

We have more than one physical dialin POP, so summarization can't
take place on the netblocks that these items are allocated from.
As these users connect and disconnect this generates most of our
churn in our OSPF.

Any suggestions on solving this churn issue?

--
 Jeffrey Haas
elezar at pfrc.org      "Normal" is a local phenomenon.