SYN spoofing

Forrest W. Christian forrestc at iMach.com
Thu Jul 29 01:36:50 UTC 1999

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Daniel Senie wrote:

> Cisco implemened a feature called "Unicast RPF" That disallows
> forwarding of packets on an interface where a reverse path is not
> present. The command to activate it is:
>
> 	ip verify unicast reverse-path

This only works if you have CEF turned on.   And...  Turning CEF on in a
4500 series router w/64mb ram & 2 BGP views just plain isn't good.

Now, if we could get CEF to only cache non BGP routes....

- Forrest W. Christian (forrestc at imach.com) KD7EHZ
iMach, Ltd., P.O. Box 5749, Helena, MT 59604      http://www.imach.com
Solutions for your high-tech problems.                  (406)-442-6648