ARIN policy on acquisitions ?

Brandon Applegate brandon at one.net
Wed Jul 28 20:25:43 UTC 1999

Greetings all,

Aplogies if this has already been covered (I couldnt find it :) )

Does any one know what ARIN's policy is on ISP acquisition ??  Is there
one ??  In other words, ISP A buys ISP B.  ISP B has some pre-ARIN
allocated IP space (swamps from Internic, etc etc).  When ISP A goes to
modify these network objects in the ARIN DB, is there going to be a
problem ?? Will ARIN say they have to be returned ??

Feel free to contact me off list if you feel this is not relevant to said
list.

TIA

Brandon Applegate, CCNA  :  Network Administrator
http://www.one.net       :  brandon at one.net