Synergery?

Sean Donelan SEAN at SDG.DRA.COM
Tue Jul 27 11:12:23 UTC 1999

Ever have one of those 'synergy' kind of days?  DRA's network dates
back to 1984, and is positively ancient compared to some networks.  But
even I was left speechless by today's outage.  Here's an extract from
DRA's trouble ticket diary.

>But, I have been give a bit of background information on why they are having
>so much trouble repairing the circuit.  This circuit, a DS3 between LA and
>San Diego, was owned by Western Union, which was bought out by MCI Local,
>which is a part of MCI, which merged with World Comm. So, MCI/World Comm has
>no idea what the circuit ID is of the circuit that is down.  There is an MCI
>tech on site in LA tracing cables to see where this circuit plugs into the
>Western Union equipment so that they can trouble shoot it.

Do other people have problems like this?  Or does Murphy just likes me?