TCP tools.

k claffy kc at caida.org
Sat Jul 17 00:08:41 UTC 1999

forrest

http://www.caida.org/Tools/taxonomy.html
suggests that the closest you can get right now
is creative combination of tcpdump, tcptrace and xplot.

  tcpdump       ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/
  tcptrace      http://jarok.cs.ohiou.edu/software/tcptrace/tcptrace.html
  xplot         ftp://mercury.lcs.mit.edu/pub/shep/

if there is a free package that does everything
including diagnosing the problem, we havent found it yet.
(good windmill, tho.)

if you need tcpdump at or above OC-3,
you'll need something like
	http://www.caida.org/Tools/Coral/
(not yet for the faint of heart)

also
	http://www.psc.edu/networking/tcp_friendly.html
	http://www.psc.edu/networking/perf_tune.html
might be of interest to you in vendor.appeals

sorry the news isn't better
maybe give it some time
(actually, give it some coders)