WEATHER: rolling blackouts along the East Coast

Gregory Urban urban at cs.umbc.edu
Wed Jul 7 05:15:26 UTC 1999

Let's not forget that a/c units in data centers, NOC's, and customer
service call centers have been running 24x7 as the night time temperatures
have not dropped below 80 in many cities on the east cost for days (it's
over 90 in DC at 1:00am).  Units in commercial office buildings
have shut down, and repair times are not good.  The consequences of a
failure are more obvious than the solutions for those running off of
building a/c units and/or smaller individual a/c systems.

Greg U