NSI/Internic operational announcement list

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Fri Jul 2 23:38:14 UTC 1999

SEAN at SDG.DRA.COM (Sean Donelan) writes:

> It appears NSI had some trouble today, but I couldn't find any information
> on their web site.  I believe I'm still subscribe to rs-info at internic.net,
> but I didn't see any notices from NSI.
>
> Did I just miss it?

i don't think you missed it.  the operators of the secondary COM servers were
not informed of any of the problems until after my analysis was published, and
by that time netsol had published a new and corrected COM zone.  i'm NOT happy
to have had to learn of it from non-netsol channels when it's clear that they
knew something was happening.  this was a highly operational issue and affected
a lot of users.  NANOG, or at least rs-info at internic.net, or at least the root
name server operators, ought to have been told.