Busy Connect

Roeland M.J. Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Thu Jan 28 00:28:39 UTC 1999

At 09:42 PM 1/27/99 +0000, William Allen Simpson wrote:
>> From: "Steven J. Sobol" <sjsobol at nacs.net>
>> Ameritech offers the same service, and I've only been charged for the times
>> I've actually used the feature. If I hang up, I don't get charged. I have to

>The support calls are all folks trying to kindly tell us that our phone
>lines have stopped working, because of the messages shown by the modem
>software, which expects a busy signal.
>
>And if you call BellSouth to complain, they tell you to signup for
>BellSouth.Net :-(

So they break the tele for modems and tell the customer that the only
solution is to use them as their ISP? If SBC tried this, with pacbell.net,
I'd be on on the phone to the FCC, the CPUC, my congress-critter, and my
lawyer, not necessarily in that order. I think they call that
anti-competitive practice by a monopoly. This is pretty egregious, why
haven't we heard more about this, is it a new thing? More curious, how can
an RBOC be that dumb?
Roeland M.J. Meyer -
e-mail:                                      mailto:rmeyer at mhsc.com
Internet phone:                                hawk.lvrmr.mhsc.com
Personal web pages:             http://staff.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site:                           http://www.mhsc.com