MCI/CW Security

James Rishaw jamie at dilbert.ais.net
Tue Jan 19 19:10:20 UTC 1999

What a laugh..

  We were just smurfed from what appears to be an MCI router as a relay..

  Their voice menu at 888-860-3382 says:

  "If you are reporting a security issue please fill out an incident
report on our web page at security at cw.net under 'Report an incident' "

   Eh ???

  With the lack of voice menu clue, I went to http://www.security.cw.net
and found a form.. assigned ticket number "18".. makes me feel really
good, to have a global company assign me a two-digit ticket.. but hey..

  Is it just me ?

--
jamie rishaw (efnet:gavroche)          American Information Systems, Inc.
jamie at ais dot net                           infrastructure engineering