Incompetance abounds at the InterNIC

Chris Mauritz chrism at raremedium.com
Tue Jan 19 16:02:13 UTC 1999

This isn't a bad idea.  Imposing a "pay up front" policy on domains that are
not first time registrants or renewals of domains that have paid in the past
seems like a pretty good way to deter the hoarding that we're seeing now.
If the Internic isn't going to change their policy to squelch the problem,
they need to improve the performance of their existing process.  The current
system is completely substandard and is only encouraging those folks that
would see the entire process regulated by the gummint.

Chris Mauritz
Director, Systems Administration
Rare Medium, Inc.
chrism at raremedium.com