Incompetance abounds at the InterNIC

Rich Sena ras at poppa.thick.net
Tue Jan 19 15:36:48 UTC 1999

My take would be register them as the billing contact and remain as the
adminstrative contacts - the NIC should then have a page set up that the
custoemr can go with a confirmation number to add their credit card info
directly - they could afford them a 3 day window to do so - or the domain
would be deleted.  They could also tag a domain that has been reregistered
a 2nd time and demand payment up front before it is registered this time -
that gives the customer 1 bite at convenience - and then hve to put up in
order to ever actually get that particular domain.

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, John M. Brown wrote:

> My only problem with Pay Up Front is that some customers are going
> to be dead beat about paying us.   I would want to make sure that
> there was some recourse to collecting our money or having the
> domain placed on hold until fees are paid.  The only way that
> I can see doing that now is to register the domain under our name
> and then transfer it later once we get paid.  Way to much work.

<snip>
I am nothing if not net-Q! - ras at poppa.thick.net