Solution: Re: Huge smurf attack

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at nacs.net
Sat Jan 16 17:35:12 UTC 1999

On Thu, Jan 14, 1999 at 12:46:44PM -0500, Harold Willison wrote:

> Tracking down a smurf amplifier is not a problem. Getting the folks to
> fix it
> is a little harder than it should be now, as most of the folks left
> with open
> amplifiers have been notified and have to this point refused to fix or
> are unable to fix it.

Oh, good... then if they refuse to fix their problem, and it can be documented
that they refuse to fix their problem, and someone uses them as an amplifier,
they can get sued. I hope we have some documentation that these people refuse
to do anything.

--
Steve Sobol [sjsobol at nacs.net]
Part-time Support Droid [support at nacs.net]

Proud resident of Cleveland Heights, Ohio, the coolest place on earth.
http://www.ClevelandHeights.com