What does the NIC in InterNIC mean? "Network Incompetence Consortium"

John Fraizer John.Fraizer at EnterZone.Net
Sat Jan 16 13:15:59 UTC 1999

I would like to thank the anonymous party who sent the email below.  It
confirms the rumors I had heard related to the cause of the latest InterNIC
SNAFU.

>Subject: What does the NIC in InterNIC mean? "Network Incompetence
Consortium" (fwd)
>To: John.Fraizer at EnterZone.Net
>

>The service from InterNIC has been really poor for the last couple of
>weeks, and they finally admitted what the problem is, but only to their
>Premier Partners, and only after making up lots of other stories to cover
>it up first.
>
>Please keep me anonymous, don't use my name.
>
>InterNIC admitted that they are being massively flooded by domain
>speculators trying to register domains that are On Hold.  It's happened
>before, but this time it's far and away worse than ever before.  They said
>they expect to have it resolved in a few days, which I believe means that
>they're seeking legal injunctions against one or more offenders.  From what
>I've heard, these speculators are sending registration templates for
>hundreds of domains every second, going far beyond their capacity.

It seems that the Network Solutions/The InterNIC is following the lead of
the politicians.  Lie about it until you're caught and then refuse to talk
about it.

ML.ORG is gone.  Check out http://www.EZ-IP.Net - It's *FREE*
Get your *FREE* Parked Domain account at http://www.EZ-Hosting.Com
John Fraizer                      |    __   _                 |
The System Administrator          |   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __ | The choice
mailto:John.Fraizer at EnterZone.Net |  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ / |  of a GNU
http://www.EnterZone.Net/         | /____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\ | Generation
PGP Key fingerprint =  7DB6 1CA2 DAA6 43DA 3AAF  44CD 258C 3D7E B425 81A8