Solution: Re: Huge smurf attack

Joe Shaw jshaw at insync.net
Fri Jan 15 00:13:08 UTC 1999

But I'm not talking about catching the person who's initiating the
attacks, which is next to impossible if the amplifiers aren't willing or
able to help.   I'm concerned about the FBI possibly playing a part in
shutting down the amplifiers.  As the FBI agent who I talked with a week
ago said "We want to hear about any incident that happens because we do
trend tracking."  Lord knows if enough people reported large smurf attacks
they'd at least do something.

Joseph Shaw        - jshaw at insync.net
NetAdmin/Security  - Insync Internet Services
Free UNIX advocate - "I hack, therefore I am."