Solution: Re: Huge smurf attack

David Lesher wb8foz at nrk.com
Thu Jan 14 16:38:08 UTC 1999

Unnamed Administration sources reported that Joe  Shaw said:

[sorry about that last one...]

> My only question is do any of you who've been under attack report these
> incidents to the FBI and the other appropriate agencies?

{...}

> Two agents from the Houston office recently gave a presentation talking
> about their new and expanding computer crimes divisions popping up around
> the country.  They kept harping on protecting the infrastructure of the
> nations public networks, and I think helping track down smurf amplifiers
> would fall under this.

Besides the "Richard Jewell" issue, a problem many people have
experienced with the Feebs is: jurisdiction or not, they are not
interested unless you can prove actual losses of $100K or more.

Of course, if your story fits the TV news "If it bleeds, it leads"
category, then you WILL get listened to...

A host is a host from coast to coast.................wb8foz at nrk.com