InterNIC problems with Contact modifications.

John Fraizer John.Fraizer at EnterZone.Net
Tue Jan 12 21:01:22 UTC 1999

Is anyone else experiencing problems updating contact information at the
internic?  I have been attempting for two weeks now to update information
on three contacts.  The templates I'm sending in clearly say "Modify" on
line 0a and in the subject line.  They keep being returned with a message
like so:

Greetings,

The contact shown below has already been registered.  You can view
the related information at the URL http://rs.internic.net/cgi-bin/whois
by typing the contact's last name, first name in the WHOIS query form.

If the information in WHOIS is incorrect or you would like to choose a
password or use PGP, please submit a modification for your contact record
by completing the form at the URL:

http://rs.internic.net/cgi-bin/itts/handle

InterNIC Registration Services
email  hostmaster at internic.net

I'm just about ready to drive to VA and see if I can convince them in
person just how frustrated I am with their incompetence.

ML.ORG is gone.  Check out http://www.EZ-IP.Net - It's *FREE*
Get your *FREE* Parked Domain account at http://www.EZ-Hosting.Com
John Fraizer                      |    __   _                 |
The System Administrator          |   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __ | The choice
mailto:John.Fraizer at EnterZone.Net |  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ / |  of a GNU
http://www.EnterZone.Net/         | /____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\ | Generation
PGP Key fingerprint =  7DB6 1CA2 DAA6 43DA 3AAF  44CD 258C 3D7E B425 81A8