Fwd: Mailing List (1999)

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at nacs.net
Mon Jan 11 14:18:02 UTC 1999

On Mon, Jan 11, 1999 at 04:45:15AM -0500, Dean Anderson wrote:
> Not to jump too hard, but a whole lot of people agreed that spam was not
> usually a topic of interest on NANOG.  So if you won't post spam to Nanog,
> I won't point out how flawed the anti-spam methods are, nor will I be
> tempted to explain why anti-spam methods eventually backfire on network
> operators.

Spam ISN'T on-topic for NANOG.

And I wish people would stop posting spam reports here.

SPAM-L and news.admin.net-abuse.{email|sighting} exist for the discussion
of spam, as do some other organization-specific newsgroups and mailing lists.

--
Steve Sobol [sjsobol at nacs.net]
Part-time Support Droid [support at nacs.net]

Proud resident of Cleveland Heights, Ohio, the coolest place on earth.
http://www.ClevelandHeights.com