IGP Comparison (Summary of Responses)

Jessica Yu jyy at ans.net
Wed Jan 6 16:01:47 UTC 1999

>It may have been the result of vendor choice/issue in the past but I don't
>see to many people running IS-IS planning to switch over any time soon.

There could be many reasons for not changing protocols running on a
large scale network.  One of them (an important one) is the cost of
training supporting engineers and operational personnels.  So it has
to be a significant improvement of the protocol to-be or really broken
of existing protocol to warrant such a change, IMO.

						--Jessica