What is NANOG used for? (Was Re: Exodus?)

Derek Balling dredd at megacity.org
Sun Jan 3 21:37:25 UTC 1999

At 03:20 PM 1/3/99 -0600, Jon Green wrote:
>On Sun, 03 Jan 1999 12:27:41 -0700, lad at inficad.com writes:
>
>>I have been having problems getting to (and keeping connections with)
>>certain Exodus clients, such as HotBot and GeoCities.  Anyone else noticed
>>this?
>
>When did nanog at merit.edu become the Exodus NCC?  Come on folks, there has
>been too much of this crap lately.

OK, so now even network problem assessments have been chided as being "off
topic".

What remains, and when was the last time anyone talked about it? It seems
like any topic that has been brought up over the last few months, SOMEONE
has complained (usually quite loudly) that "this isn't the place for that
topic of discussion".

Judging by the number of topics that have actually NOT received the vocal
opposition (a paltry few that they were), it seems the mailing list should
amount to like, what?, two messages a month maybe?

Something's not right with that...