Suggestion: Add contact entry to whois

Dan Hollis goemon at sasami.anime.net
Fri Feb 26 22:27:03 UTC 1999

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Bob Allisat wrote:
>  FCN gives no contacts for the Domain names
>  registered here. It is no-one's business who
>  registers with us. We are not in the business
>  of acting as snitches for overly snoopy and
>  prying computer system administrators. If any-
>  one has a problem they can contact the police
>  and, accompanied with an appropriate court
>  order we will be happy to comply with any real,
>  legitimate investigation. Otherwise fork off,
>  nosey nerds, it's none of your darned business.

So in other words if an fcn host is found to be originating denial of
service attacks, you suggest we contact the local police and FBI rather
than ringing you up and asking you to disable their ongoing attacks.

And in the time it takes to process a court order you will continue to
allow those hosts to originate smurf/pingfloods etc.

Gotcha. So noted.

So we now know that when an fcn host is conducting denial of service
attacks, we should immediately start the paperwork filing for criminal
negligence and punitive damages ahead of time.

-Dan