Digital Bill of Rights? (Re: Monitoring, Flow Stats)

Dean Robb pceasy at norfolk.infi.net
Thu Feb 4 03:11:38 UTC 1999

At 14:08 2/3/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>  If every ISP has the same AUP then every citizen
>>  is forced under duress by a cartel of interests
>>  into violating their own human rights, freedom
>>  of expression and civil liberties. So fuck your
>>  Acceptable Policies! What we need is a Digital
>>  Bill of Rights <http://fcn.net> to over-ride
>>  these sinister commercial carte blanche policies
>>  and protect us from bastards like Mr. Neill.

Acceptable policies like the one you probably had to agree to?  And since
when is "Internet Access" a human right like "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit
of Happiness"?

Before a bunch of people jump on this bandwagon and/or respond, you'd be
well advised to look at the website listed and see where Mr. Allistat is
coming from.  It's...enlightening.

Microsoft Windows(tm):  How much hair did you want to tear out today?

Dean Robb
PC-EASY computer services
(757) 495-EASY [3279]