Y2k silly season

Hank Nussbacher hank at att.net.il
Fri Dec 24 05:13:49 UTC 1999

At 03:52 22/12/99 -0800, Sean Donelan wrote:

In regards to self fulfilling prophecies:

The phone companies won't admit it but they are scared that at 1 second
past midnight, everyone will say to themselves, "Hmmm, lights are still on,
I wonder if the phones have stopped working?" and then within 1 minute,
millions of people will be lifting their phones off the hooks to check
dial-tone.  You know what happens when that happens. :-)

-Hank