Portable IP space, isolated networks, BGP, etc... (fwd)

Brandon Ross bross at mindspring.net
Fri Dec 10 01:29:57 UTC 1999

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999, Tim Wolfe wrote:

> If he was to use multihop EBGP to maintain a full BGP mesh between all of the
> BGP speakers in his ASN and each POP only announced it's own networks
> upstream...?

Unless he has a specific need for a full mesh (and yes, I know that goes
against normal practice), I would recommend to not complicate things until
his internal network is done.

If it is necessary to complicate things, then it would probably be easier
to setup GRE tunnels between the sites and run IBGP inside them.

Brandon Ross            Network Engineering     404-815-0770 800-719-4664
Director, Network Engineering, MindSpring Ent., Inc.  info at mindspring.com
                                                            ICQ:  2269442
Read RFC 2644!
Stop Smurf attacks!  Configure your router interfaces to block directed
broadcasts. See http://www.quadrunner.com/~chuegen/smurf.cgi for details.