Verio Decides what parts of the internet to drop

Travis Pugh tdp at discombobulated.net
Sun Dec 5 15:07:56 UTC 1999

Absolutely.  A standard would give ground rules, and would be something to
point to when you have to go to a client or customer and say "these are your
options."

Instead, we are looking at a routing system where some traffic will flow on
some networks if it is a longer subnet of a class B address, and will not
flow on some networks based on arbitrary filter decisions.  Some kind of RFC
based consistency would be great.

Cheers.

Travis