Filter Policies (was: Re: Verio Decides what parts of the internet to drop)

Jan Ahrent Czmok czmok at darwin.gigabell.net
Sat Dec 4 17:16:28 UTC 1999

Hello!

IMHO, i also propose to have a clear discussion about some issues which came into my mind
when reading all this mails.

The next NANOG might be really a good place for this issue.

There are some unanswered things:

  - optimize the Routing Table (e.g. how to come to an agreement with even the largest
    isps but also including smaller ones)

  - recent discussed Authorization of Routes and validation

  - how we all together can get rid of the swamp space (e.g. it MUST the possible somehow)

  - hints and tips and coordination of filter policies.

But these are just my .5 cents

Jan