Verio Decides what parts of the internet to drop

Jeremy Porter jerry at fc.net
Fri Dec 3 22:09:41 UTC 1999

Who exactly would these operators pay?  one check per asn?
Who is a backbone, etc, etc.  Great fun if you are a lawyer
I suppose.  Really I think most of the operators are too
busy building their networks to worry about how to give
more money to lawyers and accountants.

I believe there will be a BOF on "micro" allocations at the
next Nanog meeting, I would be interesting in seeing
the parties that benifit from this, to come up with a proposal
that can determine fairly and with simple metrics
determines who gets one.

This is not exactly a new problem, the ARIN advisory council
has been looking at it for 2 years, and no one has yet been
able to come up with a policy that network providers, registries
and end users could live with.

--- jerry at fc.net