The Mathematical Reality of IP Addressin in IPv4...

J.D. Falk jdfalk at cybernothing.org
Wed Aug 25 18:55:42 UTC 1999

	This looks like interesting (and operational) reading.

----- Forwarded message from Internet-Drafts at ietf.org -----

	Title		: The Mathematical Reality of IP Addressing in IPv4
                          Questions the need for Another IP System
                          of Addressing
	Author(s)	: E. Terrell
	Filename	: draft-terrell-math-ipaddr-ipv4-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 24-Aug-99

This paper was necessitated by an overwhelming desire; an attempt to
end the apparent disparity in the dissemination of information absent
of the logical and thoroughness in rendering an explanation of the IP
Addressing Scheme. To render a more pointed fact, I needed to pass a
CISCO Certification Examination. However, this can never be
accomplished, if the information that is needed and used in the
preparation thereof, lacks continuity and propagates errors pertaining
to foundational information. Needless to say, my endeavors were not in
vein. That is,as a direct result of this undertaking, I corrected  the
underlining errors, derived a possible alternative approach to the
IPv4 Addressing Scheme, and expanded its Class system ( that is no
longer in use ). In other words, I was indeed successful in the
elimination of the problems associated with IP Address Flooding
inherent in IPv4 and the complexities of IPv6. In short, small
business and single family dwellings can now have the option of
having their own private IP Addressing Scheme, without the disparity
resulting from the steep learning curve presented in IPv6. While the
Internet Community at large, will not suffer a shortage of the
availability IP Addresses for assigned distribution. Especially since,
while the number available IP Addresses do not exceed the amount
reported to be provided, if IPv6 is implemented. It does indeed,
provide enough IP Addresses to cover their continued issuance for at
least another 100 years or so. Which is dependent upon the adoption
of an adequate scheme for its allocation and distribution.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-terrell-math-ipaddr-ipv4-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-terrell-math-ipaddr-ipv4-00.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
	mailserv at ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-terrell-math-ipaddr-ipv4-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.

----- End forwarded message -----

 ---------========== J.D. Falk <jdfalk at cybernothing.org> =========---------
  |    "The Ogre philosopher Gnerdel beleived the purpose of life        |
  |     was to live as high on the food chain as possible.               |
  |     She refused to eat vegetarians, and preferred to live entirely   |
  |     on creatures that preyed on sentient beings."                    |
  |                           -Magic: The Gathering "Grey Ogre"          |
 ----========== http://www.cybernothing.org/jdfalk/home.html ==========----