cheap GPS

Jerry Scharf scharf at vix.com
Mon Aug 23 01:06:24 UTC 1999

Sean,

It's too early to say with high confidence, but you had to stretch pretty
far away from the question you asked (will it cause time problems with
NTP, etc) to find a problem with the GPS rollover.  General reports are
that it went better than expected and that few critical systems were
impacted. If you had asked whether anyone would be hit by the rollover, I
would have said of course there were going to be systems and people hit.
It may be fun to watch the PR wars that result.

BTW, I knew one person who didn't fly this weekend because of the
rollover, which seems a bit extreme to me.

jerry