FW: Tech contact for Qwest?

Charles Sprickman spork at inch.com
Sat Aug 21 18:03:25 UTC 1999

On Sat, 21 Aug 1999 fulton at uit.org wrote:

> Perhaps if we can get the "higher-ups" to stop hiring noc newbies based on
> certs and begin hiring based on raw intelligence...then maybe we can get
> the overall clue factor back to a reasonable level.

That's true I think.  Most of the people I ask questions of posess neither
a CCIE nor a comp-sci degree.  Some do, but not enough to convince me that
real-world experience and contact with knowledgeable people isn't a valid
"education".  How many folks here that consider themselves a "leader" in
net ops at their place of employ were formally educated?

Charles