OUTAGE: AT&T Local Service (TCG) in Needham, MA

Sean Donelan SEAN at SDG.DRA.COM
Wed Aug 11 22:22:27 UTC 1999

TCG/ATT Local Service took out their local fiber ring in Needham, MA
around 1pm EDT.  Apparently they made a change to the STS-1 programming,
and something went wrong.  Techs are now being dispatched to various
points around the fiber ring to try to resolve the problem.

Notice, I don't just pick on MCI/Worldcom.  Last word we had from our
"one-to-one" MCI/Worldcom contacts is they hope to have the frame-relay
problem fixed by Friday or Monday at the latest.