OUTAGE: MCI/Worldcom frame-relay network

Sean Donelan SEAN at SDG.DRA.COM
Mon Aug 9 16:50:25 UTC 1999

alan at globalcenter.NET (Alan Hannan) writes:
>  PS - sean's messages were not 'highly accurate' as they maintained
>       that WCOM was not reporting on the problems, while they were.

To be more precise Alan, Sean said MCI/Worldcom's web site continued
not to have any information about the outage.  That is still true.
I did miss the reference on the UUNET site, but now even UUNET has
removed reference to the frame-relay outage from their web site.

MCI/Worldcom's web site is reporting on their new 5cent a minute
long distance plan this morning, so I suppose that means MCI/Worldcom's
PR people have returned to work.  But nothing about their frame-relay
network on the website.