What frame relay switch is causing MCI/Worldcom such grief?

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Mon Aug 9 13:41:49 UTC 1999

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Michael P. Lucking wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Michael Dillon wrote:
>
> > Is this another vendor related problem? If not, does it affect NNI
> > customers of Worldcom?
>
> Yes. We have one PVC using NNI via  MCI/Worldcom (got it from LDDS years
> ago). It has been bouncing up and down for the past four days.

Actually, what I meant was whether this so-called packet storm has
extended to frame relay networks with NNI to Worldcom. The PVC will bounce
if Worldcom cannot maintain the PVC portion within their network or cannot
pass traffic through their network. But the public description so far
seems to imply that the problem propogates from one switch to another.
Assuming this is actually what is happening, I wondered whether the
problem was propogating into any other networks via NNI connections.

And if the answer is yes, then what vendor made the switches, etc. etc...?

--
Michael Dillon                 -               E-mail: michael at memra.com
Check the website for my Internet World articles -  http://www.memra.com