Large-datagram hop-by-hop delivery mechanism

Mark R. Lindsey mark at vielle.datasys.net
Wed Aug 4 17:51:21 UTC 1999

I am seeking a mechanism for reliable delivery of large blobs through a
network of occasionally-connected hosts that can forward the blobs using
available transport protocols.

I can't find it, though. Most of the networking materials I can find
deal more with immediate-transmission networks, where the destination
host is reachable at the instant that the source host transmits. (This
isn't a catenet.)

If anyone knows of such a common or standardized system, please drop me
a note.

And if there's not already such a system, then we'll just have to make
one.

---
Mark R. Lindsey, mark at datasys.net
DSS Online