Wasted space

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Apr 30 00:31:43 UTC 1999

In a previous e-mail, Austin Schutz said:
> 	While importing netblock data I discovered what must be common
> knowledge for most. A large portion of allocated space is not being announced.
> Equally exciting was the discovery that a large portion of space is
> maintainer-free, thus making it essentially impossible to have an exact
> accounting of who has what.

	Who said you had to make your netblock visable to whatever
definition of "announced" you have to make it valid, and in use?

	Just because it doesn't show up on your favorite looking glass
doesn't mean no one is using it, or has a legitimate need for it.

Leo Bicknell - bicknell at ufp.org
Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440