Contact handles disappearing mysteriously from the whois database!

Dean Robb pceasy at norfolk.infi.net
Wed Apr 28 20:27:49 UTC 1999

At 01:38 PM 4/27/99 -0700, you wrote:

>> First, there is a bug in the whois generation code that generates the
>> indexes that whois uses. The information is still correct in the database
>> that whois is generated from. The fix is in QA now and should be in
>> operations shortly.
>
>you have the gall to spend time ensuring that it will work before deploying
>it?  while all of us out here who paid $35 are waiting for the absolutely
>mission critical whois service without which our lives can not continue!
>what nerve!
>
>we all look forward to the new day when all the brilliant nanog posters who
>know how to do the job oh so much better will deploy fixes immediately
>without testing.  then again, they won't have to, because they won't have
>any bugs.

Would it be productive at all to point out that NSI did, in fact, deploy
buggy WhoIs software without testing in the first place...which is why they
are now testing a fix?  Naw, probably not.  Some people refuse to believe
the wall exists until they run into it, and then they have doubts.

"Small minds can only contemplate small ideas".....Unknown

Dean Robb
Owner, PC-EASY
(757) 495-EASY [3279]
On-site computer repair, upgrades and consultations
Read my game reviews/columns in SimOps on WWW.TheGamers.Net