Contact handles disappearing mysteriously from the whois database!

Mark Kosters markk at internic.net
Tue Apr 27 18:55:24 UTC 1999

Two things have occured over the past week that have lead to changes
in whois.

First, there is a bug in the whois generation code that generates the
indexes that whois uses. The information is still correct in the database
that whois is generated from. The fix is in QA now and should be in operations
shortly.

Second, in the advent of the registry coming operational to other
testbed registrars, we cleaned up a number of hosts that where orphaned
(parent domain of the nameserver did not exist). Thus, if you had
an orphaned host listed as a nameserver, it has been removed as a
nameserver to the domain.

Regards,
Mark

--

Mark Kosters     markk at internic.net      InterNIC Registration Services
PGP Key fingerprint =  1A 2A 92 F8 8E D3 47 F9  15 65 80 87 68 13 F6 48