address spoofing

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Fri Apr 23 00:56:33 UTC 1999

> > anyone have clues other than net slime and misconfigured nats?
>
> I actually have never seen a NAT box do this (but would like to hear
> about such cases). The NAT implementations I've worked with have been
> extremely good about avoiding leaks.

On a related issue, yesterday I discovered a number of sites that
claimed to have a firewall in place with RFC 1918 space on one side
and Internet space on the other.  on investigation, it turned out
that the firwall was a router, routing the RFC 1918 space and consisted of
specific ACLs for services.

I came away impressed.

--bill