IRRs

Alan Spicer tech at ebiznet.com
Thu Apr 15 16:17:54 UTC 1999

* I'm getting subliminal messages ... that you guys are worried about
filing your taxes late. SO you are trying to figure out how to spoof
the IRS's routing announcements so that you can send yourselves an
email from the IRS saying "Don't worry, don't pay your taxes this
year, you are exempt because you are such a nice person". ;-)

At 04:40 PM 4/15/99 +0200, you wrote:

>Sean,
>
>SEAN at SDG.DRA.COM said:
>> The lack of correct current routing registry information for the IRS
>> web site doesn't seem to have hurt its connectivity.  Other the other
>> hand,
>
>Of course not. My point was about transits filtering *customers* by
>IRR If transits are only filtering their *customers*
>not their peers by IRR, connectivity will only be affected
>if the IRS's *upstream* uses the IRR. AS701 does not use the IRR
>AFAIR.
>
>Also those who filter *peers* by IRR normally only filter smaller
>peers, it would seem. I know of noone who filters AS701 by IRR.
>
>--
>Alex Bligh
>GX Networks (formerly Xara Networks)

---