Spring 1999 NOC contact drill

Alan Spicer tech at ebiznet.com
Wed Apr 14 19:58:42 UTC 1999

* You need to conduct a FIXING FIBER DRILL and some training for
BACKHOE and DRILL/BORING machine operators instead ;-)

Some organization needs to figure out how to have these vehicles
or machines NOT cut fibre. Geeze it's not like these people have
never seen a "Call xxxxx before digging" sign before. Who makes
sure these companies know where not to DIG or DRILL or BORE????
What's their professional certification organization? (union?)

Can we give them a free FIBER and CABLE map somehow? How about
a free subscription to "Don't Dig Here" magazine (if there was one ;-)

At 02:16 PM 4/14/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Geez, yesterday it was the east coast.  Today its the west coast.
>
>Yes, I'm still trying to work my way through the NOC contact list, but
>I keep getting interrupted by fiber outages around the country.  At this
>rate I'm  never going to get through.
>
>Question: for those who have experienced my of my phone calls in the
>past, how disruptive is it?  If I went ahead, and continued going down
>the list during these outages, if I called your NOC during a fiber cut,
>would that be too distracting?  Or am I just better off waiting until
>the next quiet period?
>
>Thanks.
>--
>Sean Donelan, Data Research Associates, Inc, St. Louis, MO
>  Affiliation given for identification not representation

---
Alan Spicer (NIC Handle: AGS14)
Systems Administration - Tech Support
www.eBIZnet.com,inc.