Major fiber cut in Tyson's Corner area

Craig A. Haney craig at seamless.kludge.net
Wed Apr 14 16:19:18 UTC 1999

At 17:19 -0400 1999/04/13, Paul Ferguson wrote:
>For what it's worth:
>
>I just heard on the local news that 3 fiber optic cables, as well as
>one large copper bundle was cut in the Tyson's Corner area (Northern
>Virginia). No idea what impact it may have on net traffic, although one
>fiber strand was reported as belonging to MCI.
>
>For those who may not know, MAE-East is in the Tysons Corner vicinity.
>
>- paul

Rode by the mess yesterday on my motorcycle.
It is actually happened on Old Chain Bridge Road in McLean, VA, about 2-3
miles from MAE-EAST, near the CO there.
I live 2 blocks from MAE-EAST in Tysons Corner.
There was no impact on my T1 from Goodnet or phone service from Bell Atlantic.

The news this morning was the fiber was fixed and working on the copper now.

-craig
Craig A. Haney            Cando Consulting - The Internetwork People
703.448.9826 :Tel         2031 Madrillon Springs Court
703.448.9786 :Fax         Vienna, VA 22182-3764
                          http://seamless.kludge.net

Fingerprint:	2695 48EE 9192 A553 09B7  98CF B27D 14ED 2099 DC15