Testing backup communication systems between operators

Jay R. Ashworth jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Fri Apr 9 22:41:26 UTC 1999

On Fri, Apr 09, 1999 at 05:46:16PM -0500, Sean Donelan wrote:
>     - Geographic coverage of some radios require relocation of antennas
>     - Personnel require training on the use of backup systems. Some had
>        only recently been installed, and little training occurred prior to
>        the drill
>     - Congestion on the backup systems indicated a need to establish and
>        practice traffic priorities
>     - Some backup transmissions were noisy
>     - A "small number" of backup systems did not work
>     - Severe weather in the Midwest hampered some activities

Um, so, gee; they had the same problems ham radio operators have been
working around for 50 years now?

Cheers,
-- jr '_how_ much do we pay these people?' a
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592