IRRs [was Re: OPS: BGP spew from ASN 7374]

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu Apr 8 14:26:28 UTC 1999

> Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 17:30:59 +0400 (MSD)
> From: "Alex P. Rudnev" <alex at Relcom.EU.net>
> Sender: owner-nanog at merit.edu
>
> Btw, RADB and RIPE problem is the fact this data bases was not designed
> to build such lists. Try to extract PREFIX list for AS-DEMOS macro from
> RIPE - it take you about 30 - 40 minutes and you should doing all
> recursions yourself. Then try to build complex filter.

I guess you have not used the RAToolSet from ISI/Merit. I just
extracted the list of prefixes for AS-DEMOS and it took less than 10
seconds using peval. I piped this into a simple Perl script to convert
it into an access list and had the list ready to load in under 15
seconds.

Or am I totally missing something here?

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)