OPS: BGP spew from ASN 7374

Sean Donelan SEAN at SDG.DRA.COM
Thu Apr 8 05:26:45 UTC 1999

"Brian Dickson" <briand at teleglobe.net> writes:
>Anyone who peers with the CIX and doesn't filter (or peers with anyone and
>doesn't filter) gets what they deserve. At a minimum, as-path filtering;
>preferably, prefix filtering based on RADB registrations. IMHO.

Yeah, I know.  I deserved that.  For reasons best discussed only after
consuming large quantities of beer, I hadn't filtered that BGP session.
A ticking time bomb that finally went off.

With the end of ANS as a seperate network, will there be any network
pressure to keep any public routing registry up to date?

>But yes, memory, even NVRAM, isn't so expensive, and it would be nice
>if this were at least field-replaceable or upgradeable (eg, first chip
>is soldered to the board, but with empty sockets for add-on NVRAM.)

I'd even be willing Cisco memory prices for that!!!

Also a reminder, the electric power industry will be conducting a Y2K drill
on Friday, April 9, 1999.  This is not expected to affect end-customer's
electrical service.

ftp://ftp.nerc.com/pub/sys/all_updl/docs/pressrel/4-9-99-drillreminder.pdf

Next week, April 14, the FCC NRIC committee will be reviewing the telephone
industry Y2K tests.  http://www.nric.org/

I'm looking forward to the end of 1999.  It means no more Y2K presentations.