BGP spew from ASN 7374

Martin, Christian CMartin at mercury.balink.com
Wed Apr 7 22:53:56 UTC 1999

Sean Donelan wrote:

>Cisco: could we please have more config memory, so we can load access-lists
>for even huge BGP peers?

service compress-config
boot buffersize 1000000

Have allowed me to scale an extended MAC address ACL (1100) to over 7000
entries with plenty to spare (don't ask why).  What needs to be enhanced
is the 'grep' capabilities introduced in 20CC.  We need extended regular
expression matching.  The pipe is nice, but not enough...

Of course, 512k of NVRAM wouldn't hurt. ;)

Chris