proper list for net abuse discussions?

Sean Donelan SEAN at SDG.DRA.COM
Sun Apr 4 00:59:19 UTC 1999

randy at psg.COM (Randy Bush) writes:
>> outage-discuss at academ.com
>> and Seans excellent  idig missive...
>> both excellent tools.
>
>i do not think either of these is for abuse discussions.  abuse != outage
>except when the abuser is a backhoe.

I specifically tried to exclude "abuse" and "security" incidents for a
variety of reasons.  Not the least of which, is because I'm neither a
cop nor a lawyer, just an engineer.

For those that don't keep up on these things, the Department of Commerce has
named three sector coordinators to address attacks on critical information
and communication infrastructures.  The designated representatives are

   - Information Technology Association of America
   - Telecommunications Industry Association
   - United States Telephone Association.

In so far as "abuse" may be considered an attack, I would suggest contacting
one of the designated sector coordinators.