NIC pages

Patrick Greenwell patrick at stealthgeeks.net
Sat Apr 3 02:50:13 UTC 1999

Many of you were upset about the redirection of internic.net to
www.networksolutions.com.

So was I.

Rather than just scream about it, which is great for getting all that
pent-up frustration out but doesn't really address the issue, I decided
to try to find a solution.

Here's what I came up with:

http://209.133.38.12 (yes, I know it doesn't have a host name, that's up
to you...)

What I have done is created an identity neutral website where you can
register domain names, get whois information via a web interface, and
modify information. Kind of like what http://www.internic.net used to be.

It isn't finished yet, however if an option is present on the site, it
should work.

I am using the excellent "Super Whois" located at
http://www.geektools.com.

Special thanks to J.D. Falk for hosting the site.

Comments/suggestions/bug reports welcome.