Contact handles disappearing mysteriously from the whois database!

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at nacs.net
Tue Apr 27 22:44:49 UTC 1999

On Tue, Apr 27, 1999 at 01:38:53PM -0700, Randy Bush wrote:

> From: Randy Bush <randy at psg.com>
> To: Mark Kosters <markk at internic.net>
> Subject: Re: Contact handles disappearing mysteriously from the whois database!

> you have the gall to spend time ensuring that it will work before deploying
> it?  while all of us out here who paid $35 are waiting for the absolutely
> mission critical whois service without which our lives can not continue!
> what nerve!

Randy:

Thanks for helping to verify my theory that your posts to nanog
consist mainly of personal attacks and innuendos, with relatively little
content compared to most of the other regular posters.

It seems to me that a number of people have already said that their major
problem is not the changes, per se, but the lack of any kind of announcements
of said changes. I'm one of those people. The few mails I've seen from NetSol
have been more promotional than operational in nature.

But, please don't let the facts get in the way of the wonderful prose you
contribute to NANOG on a regular basis.

> ... because they won't have any bugs.

This is about as likely as us seeing a post where you *don't* tell the
entire readership of NANOG how ignorant we are.

Mark:

I speak only for myself here, but as far as I'm concerned, you're not part
of the problem. The problem is at the top. NetSol has no accountability,
and refuses to let customers know about upgrades and potential outages. The
company's entire philosophy of customer service is apparently "Customer? Screw
the customer, we'll do whatever we feel like doing."

Feel free to pass that on. I'd like to be proven wrong, but I have a hunch
that that will not happen.

--
Steven J. Sobol - Tech Support Guru, Abuse Desk Guy, Bill Gates Lookalike
New Age Consulting Service, Inc. http://www.nacs.net/
Send personal mail to: sjsobol at nacs.net
Send support issues to: support at nacs.net
To complain about net abuse by a NACS customer, send mail to: abuse at nacs.net