address spoofing

John Leong johnleong at research.bell-labs.com
Sat Apr 24 01:04:22 UTC 1999

>> but the uglier symptoms are packets from my own address space
>>
>>   deny ip 147.28.0.0 0.0.255.255 any (6 matches)
>
> I have vague memory of an old attack using ping with source address
> equal to broadcast address of the target net.

That is over and above TCP connection hijacking, server attacks with
half openned TCP connections and such fumy things.  On the other hand,
given you seem to have only 6 incidences, looks more like screw up than
real attack.

Regards,
John Leong
Bell Labs Research       johnleong at research.bell-labs.com
4995 Patrick Henry Dr.                  Tel: 408-567-4459
Santa Clara, CA 95054                   Fax: 408-567-4448