Your class 'B' address space

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Tue Sep 29 17:08:34 UTC 1998

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, John Todd wrote:

> I think the number of sites that have this particular situation is very small
> and does not justify such an enormous waste of address space to circumvent the
> filters on these particular providers.  Small address advertisements (>/19)
> are
> sufficient to provide acceptable redundancy in a multi-homed environment.

If the registries would start allocating address space that has been
recovered from the swamp to this sort of company, then the problem would
be solved. If a company needs multihoming capability but will never use
more than a /23 then what is wrong with reusing swamp space?

--
Michael Dillon                 -               E-mail: michael at memra.com
Check the website for my Internet World articles -  http://www.memra.com