UDP packet/DNS server

Tatsuya Kawasaki tatsuya at giganet.net
Tue Sep 29 00:20:31 UTC 1998

Jamie,

First of, I must correct that for the wild DNS entry,
there is a trailing '.' on the real entry.

Having said that.

Two questions.
Why Illegal? what is the theory behide it. I don't see the problem?

If I want to pass DNS inquiry to the primary server(ie server that does
not allowed ZONE transfer)

I thought for that, all I need to do is to pass NS record to
that server.

Any Suggestion?

Tatsuya

かわさき